The Centre undertakes studies and research on the political, economic and strategic international action of contemporary Brazil.
The Center articulates research efforts and training on History of Brazil Foreign Policy undertaken by researchers at the International Relations Institute of the University of Brasilia and other centers specialized in International Relations and Foreign Policy and involves graduate and undergraduate students.
The Center is the operational base of research projects on Brazilian Foreign Policy funded by the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development – CNPq, by the Higher Education Personnel Improvement Coordination – CAPES and by international agencies.
The work program includes:
- The development of research projects on different aspects of the history of Brazilian Foreign Policy (bilateral and multilateral relations, political, cultural and economic, security and defense, environment and human rights);
- A broad publications program which incorporates:
- The Books Series “Relações Internacionais” and “Parcerias Estratégicas” both developed with the Fino Traço Editora;
- The Books Collection “Temas Essenciais de Relações Internacionais” developed with Saraiva Editora;
- Mundorama – Journal of Science Communication in International Relations (Mundorama – Revista de Divulgação Científica em Relações Internacionais);
- The support for the development of the editorial program of the Brazilian Institute of International Relations – IBRI, specially the publication of the Revista Brasileira de Política Internacional – RBPI (Brazilian Journal of International Politics) and of Meridiano 47 (Journal of Global Studies);
- Texts for Discussion series.
- Workshop on Brazilian Foreign Policy.
Different projects fit into the following themes:
- Ideas and values in foreign policy of Brazil;
- The system of international relations of Brazil: Bilateral relations and multilateral dimensions.
Learn more at the CNPq Research Groups Directory.